|Headquarters:||26 Auriga Dr,|
Nepean, ON K2E 8B7
|Rob Hall, CEO|
Momentous is a Canadian company specializing in the growth of a wide range of other internet businesses. Momentous provides various internet services for government agencies, individuals, law firms, financial institutions, and packaged goods producers in Canada.
Situated in "Silicon Valley North", this wholly owned Canadian business has additional offices in Barbados, Australia, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, and Salt Lake City. Currently, Momentous has an annual revenue of $2,469,060, and employs a staff of about 30.
The company has a strategic partnership with Canada Post. Portfolio companies for Momentous.ca include: DomainsatCost, Internic.ca, MAD Inc, Namescout, Zip.ca, Rebel.com. Together these companies have over 1,000,000 individual and corporate customers. Momentous is the parent company of Pool.com.
Application for New gTLDs
Momentous is applying for several new generic top level domain names (gTLD)s, including .sucks, .design, .rip and .style. John Berard, CEO of Momentous' wholly-owned subsidiary, Vox Populi Registry, clarified that the proposed .sucks TLD will be used to create "valuable dialogues" and to enhance the marketing strategy of corporations and was not a play at profiting off of defensive registrations. Berard said, "The .sucks suffix, should ICANN approve it, is about creating valuable dialogue, not just about ripping off companies that want to protect their image. If some people think this is just a way to get registration money out of corporations, then those people are either unaware or are being short-sighted about their marketing effectiveness."  
- Rob Hall, University of Ottawa computer science graduate and IT entrepreneur, started Romel Corp in 1995. In 2000, the company changed its name to Momentous when the company was launched as an "Internet e-Business Incubator" to provide strategic support services to internet start-ups.
- In 1997, Rob Hall started his first registrar company, Internic.ca, a subsidiary of Momentous.ca. According to Rob Hall, Internic.ca is Canada's largest registrar, with customers such like the Government of Canada and Chapters.ca. 
- In 1999, the company added two more registrar subsidiaries DomainsAtCost.ca, an ICANN and CIRA accredited registrar providing mainly providing low-cost domain name registration services; and NameScout.com, a Barbados based subsidiary providing premium registrar services to international clients 
- In December, 2001, Namescout.com obtained provisional accreditation from auDA, the Australian Domain Administration, as one of the first registrars in .au registration market. 
- In early 2003, Momentous.ca lunched Pool.com a domain market place company in in Ottawa, Canada.  That year Momentous.ca also started Zip.ca Inc., an online video rental service provider company for Canada. 
- In November 2005, Momentous.ca formed a lobby group called called Coalition for ICANN Transparency (CIFT) and filed a lawsuit against ICANN and Verisign in order to stop implementation of the proposed .com Registry Agreement between ICANN and Verisign. The trial court granted Verisign's motion to dismiss the case but later, in 2009, an appeals court revived the anti-trust suit against Verisign. . It was reported in August, 2010, that Verisign is considering a settlement for the CFIT lawsuit.
- In 2007, the company launched MyRebel.com offering domainers the ability interact directly with the domain registries.
- In 2009, Momentous.ca started its newest subsidiary, MAD Inc. (Momentous Advertising and Design), an advertising and graphics design company.
Products and Services
Momentous.ca is a holding company of several Internet and consumer companies. The subsidiaries include
- Internic.ca: an ICANN and auDA (.au) accredited registrar and Canada's first accredited .ca registrar providing domain name management services.
- DomainsAtCost.ca: a CIRA and ICANN accredited registrar providing low-cost domain name registration services.
- NameScout.com: an ICANN accredited registrar providing domain registration, web hosting, and email services.
- Pool.com: A domain-market place company which buys and sells domain names in auction or fixed price formats.
- Zip.ca: A video rental company providing movie and television programs all over Canada.
- Rebel.com: an ICANN accredited domain name registrar which also offers bulk domain & portfolio management.
- MAD Inc.: digital marketing agency providing website design, digital content development, social media soluutions, etc.
Momentous has become known for its unique management style and set of core values. Values not only emphasize that the company is a team and not a family, but also that smokers are not allowed to work for the company.
Also, Momentous does not track employee vacation time, which follows their innovative, and results-oriented business model. If an employee thinks that they can take time off and still meet all necessary goals and deadlines, then they are free to do so.
- Bloomsberg Business Week
- Bloomsberg Business Week
- Momentous’ .sucks bid “about creating dialogue”
- Firm applies for .sucks domain Says brands will use it to swallow online criticism
- Inside View.com
- Domains Fera.com
- Inside View.com
- Domain Incite
- CBR computer Business Review