Priyatosh Jana is a Vice President (Membership) of ISOC India Kolkata Chapter, Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering ,Facilitator of ICT for Education and Internet Governance Enthusiast.
Priyatosh Jana, is born in a remote village of West Bengal State in India. He did his Secondary and Higher Secondary Schooling from Village School.After that has been shifted to his District town for Bachelor of Science(B.Sc.) major in Computer Science with Honours.
He attended SRM University, Chennai, India for Master of Technology (M.Tech.) Specialization in Computer Science and Engineering,Alagappa University,Tamilnadu, India for Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur,India for his Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computer Science.
Priyatosh Jana presently is a Vice President (Membership) of ISOC India Kolkata Chapter and Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at Mallabhum Institute of Technology,India. He was the former Lecturer of Computer Science at Shivaji Science College, Nagpur,India.
His ICANN and Internet Governance Participation was in the
* First edition of Asia Pacific School on Internet Governance (APSIG),2016 at Bangkok,Thailand. * IETF98 asISOCKolkata Fellow at Chicago,USA. * India School on Internet Governance (inSIG),2018 as inSIG Fellow at New Delhi,India. * Global Internet Governance Forum(IGF 2018)as Internet Society 2018 IGF Ambassadors Fellow at UNESCO Headquarters,Paris,France. * North American School of Internet Governance 2019 as NASIG Fellow at Montreal,Canada. * ICANN66 as ATLAS III Funded Travelers at Montreal,Canada. * Had been selected to participate inICANN67 as ICANN Fellows to be held in Cancún,Mexico,Latin America and Caribbean.
He is experienced in attending, organizing Seminars and workshops on Internet Governance and Technology related event.He is an Invited Speaker for capacity Building on Digital Inclusion, Accessibility & Empowerment, Internet Governance and ICT for Education etc towards a secured Digital Society.
Jana has not restricted himself only within the conventional regular academic exercises.Presently he is associated with several professional bodies.
His motivation to become a facilitator on Internet Governance and Technology based events in locally, regionally , globally and particularly in Asia-Pacific.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Internet Society (ISOC).
- International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT).
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG).
- Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (theIRED)
- International Economics Development Research Center (IEDRC)
- Vice President (Membership) at Internet Society(ISOC),India Kolkata Chapter.
- Instrumental role as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for SWAYAM - NPTEL Local Chapter of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) designed National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) for certification.
- Remote Center Coordinator of National Mission on Education through ICT(NMEICT,Govt.of India).
- Virtual Lab Nodal center Coordinator.