|Organization:||CentralNic Group plc|
|Stakeholder Group(s):||Public Sector - Domain Name Industry|
|Email:||rbirkner [at] centralnic.com|
Robert Birkner is the Head of the Reseller Division at CentralNic Group PLC. In this role, he oversees the success of the well-known domain industry brands RRPproxy, Hexonet, PartnerGate, Toweb, TPP Wholesale, and GlobeHosting.
Robert is renowned throughout the domain industry for his expertise on industry business policy, market insight, product development, and particularly in understanding the needs of end users and registrars. Prior to joining CentralNic, Robert holds a twenty year history in the domain industry with such roles as:
- Chief Strategy Officer of HEXONET and 1API GmbH, a leading developer and service provider of domain name technologies for resellers and registrars. In February of 2009, Robert founded HEXONET Services Inc., the North American arm of HEXONET GmbH, with former Key-Systems CEO and founder Jens Wagner.
- General Manager of Hostway Canada
- General Manager of Domainpeople Inc.
- Director of Global Domains at Hostway Corporation
- Director of Sales and International Business at Key-Systems GmbH
Robert is sought out for his practical real-world experience and proven track-record of success, which was highlighted when he consulted on the launch of the .me Registry in June of 2008.
Robert is married to Leona Chen-Birkner.