|Stakeholder Group(s):||Private Sector - Domain Name Industry|
Statton Hammock is Vice-President of Global Policy and Industry Development at MarkMonitor, a leading brand protection and domain portfolio management company. Previously, Mr. Hammock served as Vice-President of Business and Legal Affairs at Rightside, acting as chief counsel for its registry and back-end registry operations until it was acquired by Donuts Inc. in July of 2017.
Mr. Hammock was also the former Senior Director of Law, Policy & Business Affairs at Network Solutions, where he provided legal and strategic business advice about corporate governance, intellectual property rights, commercial transactions, online advertising, litigation management, and ICANN-related policy issues. He became Vice Chairman of the Registrar Stakeholder Group in May 2011, but resigned after his departure from Network Solutions in September, 2011. Statton had been with Network Solutions for more than 5 years, having previously served as Assistant General Counsel to LCC International, Inc.
Statton received his Bachelors in Political Science from the University of Virginia in 1990. He holds a JD from the University of Maine School of Law.
- MarkMonitor Representative at ICANN (August 2017-Present)
- Rightside Representative at ICANN (October 2012 - August 2017)
- Network Solutions Representative at ICANN (November 2009 — September 2011)
- Sr. Director, Law, Policy & Business Affairs at Network Solutions (June 2006 — September 2011)
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel at The PRASAD Project (2005 — Present)
- Secretary, Board of Directors at Greater DC Cares (2004 — 2012)
- Assistant General Counsel at LCC International, Inc. (June 2004 — June 2006)
- Senior Attorney at O'Brien, Butler, McConihe & Schaefer PLLC (October 1997 — June 2004)
- Law Clerk for Donald L. Ivers at U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims (September 1995 — October 1997)