ICANN 74 - The Hague
As the first "hybrid" event since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, ICANN 74 marked a return to in-person meetings, with a limited number of vaccinated participants attending sessions in the Netherlands. The Policy Forum ran from June 13 to June 16, 2022. The Prep Week for the event ran from May 31 to June 2, 2022.
Return to In-Person
The meeting was the first to feature an in-person gathering since the initiation of safety measures in response to COVID. Attendees noted that registration for some sessions was quickly fully booked. the overbooking appeared to be mostly related to room size and limitations on attendance. ICANN CIO Ashwin Rangan noted that the lessons of the pandemic would improve the experience for both in-person and remote attendees:
The switch to virtual meetings more than two years ago presented us with the opportunity to further innovate and advance the way we get together as a global community. Since then, we have significantly enhanced the meeting experience for participants from around the world. We look forward to blending the knowledge gained through the virtual meetings with the option of in-person participation to make ICANN74 more inclusive and equitable for all who attend.
- The Phase 1a Initial Report of the Policy Development Process to Review the Transfer Policy Working Group was presented at Prep Week,  with an expectation that the public comment period for the report would open on or around ICANN 74.
- The Prioritization Framework pilot was also a topic during Prep Week in the Planning & Finance Update Session. In addition, the framework was a featured topic in a broader plenary session on priority-setting.
- Updates and details from the SUBPRO Operational Design Phase were also shared and discussed during Prep Week.
- DNS Abuse persisted as a salient topic, with the ALAC and ccNSO holding sessions from each organization's perspective. 
- Prep Week: May 31 - June 2, 2022
- ICANN 74: June 13 - 16, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive
- ICANN.org Blog - Update on the Technical Preparations for ICANN 74, May 19, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - Initial Report of the GNSO Transfer Policy Review Phase 1a, June 2, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - Planning & Finance Update, June 1, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - Plenary Session: Who Sets ICANN's Priorities?, June 14, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - New gTLD Subsequent Procedures ODP Update, May 31, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - At-Large Policy: An End User's Perspective on the Role of At-Large in DNS Abuse, June 13, 2022
- ICANN 74 Archive - ccNSO: ccTLD Role in DNS Abuse Policies, June 16, 2022