Community TLD Applicant Group
Community TLD Applicant Group (CTAG) is an informal group which, as of January 2014, was comprised of 29 community TLD applicants which represented a slightly larger number of community TLD applications. That number was down from February 2013, when they had 29 community TLD applicants representing 40 community TLD applications.
In February 2013, CTAG sent a letter to ICANN requesting a clearer definition of community TLDs for the new gTLD Registry Agreement. This decision followed after the ICANN Regional Registry-Registrar meeting held in Amsterdam on 24-25 January, 2013, and it was decided then that any communications and proposals CTAG made to ICANN regarding the issue would be published on ICANN's website, to aid with transparency and awareness of the issue.
Nonetheless, CTAG asserted that additional proposals and agreements, as well as their incorporation, were not refusals to accept the Base Agreement. The inclusion of "Community Commitments" in the Base Agreement would be achieved in a way that avoided creating delays, by adding a reference to a new "Community Commitment Specification" for community TLDs to section 2.18 of the existing Base Agreement.
The specification would be similar to Appendix S to ICANN's sponsored TLD Registry Agreements and would include the following elements:
- Definition of Community
- Elibility, Name Selection, and Content & Use Provisions
- Delegated Authority and Selection of Registrars
As of 2014 February, CTAG has been fairly inactive on their Twitter and website presences.
CTAG members as of February 2014 are as follows:
- .adac - Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V. (ADAC)
- .archi, .immo, .ski - STARTING DOT
- .bank, .insurance - fTLD Registry Services, LLC
- .barcelona - Municipi de Barcelona
- .berlin - dotBERLIN GmbH & Co. KG
- .corp, .inc, .llc, .llp - Dot Registry LLC
- .cpa - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- .eco - Big Room Inc.
- .gal - Asociacion puntoGAL
- .gay - dotgay llc
- .gmbh - TLDDOT GmbH
- .gree - GREE, Inc.
- .hamburg - Hamburg Top-Level-Domain GmbH
- .hotel - HOTEL Top-Level-Domain S.a.r.l
- .kids - DotKids Foundation Limited
- .med - HEXAP SAS
- .music - DotMusic / CGR E-Commerce Ltd
- .music – .music LLC / Far Further
- .ngo, .ong - Public Interest Registry
- .osaka - Interlink Co., Ltd.
- .quebec - PointQuebec Inc
- .radio - European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- .scot - Dot Scot Registry Limited
- .shop - Commercial Connect LLC
- .sport - SportAccord
- .tatar - Coordination Center of Regional Domain of Tatarstan Republic LLC
- .tennis - TENNIS AUSTRALIA LTD
- .tirol - Punkt Tirol GmbH
- .versicherung - dotversicherung-registry GmbH
- CTAG Letter to ICANN, TheCTAG.org. Published 2014 January 10. Retrieved 2016 April 14.
- Community TLD Applicant Group asks from ICANN a clearer definition of Community TLDs in new gTLD Registry Agreement, OnlineDomain.com. Published 2013 February 17. Retrieved 2016 April 14.
- TheCTAG, Twitter.com. Retrieved 2016 April 14.